Over the past several weeks, the Tax Reform Taskforce has been touring the state claiming that Utah’s Tax system is broken and must be fixed. There’s just one problem, the claim is simply not true! The information being presented at the town hall meetings is misleading at best, and absolutely false, at worst. Utah tax collections are at all-time highs! We are collecting more tax in Utah that ever before, with all indications that this will continue. In fact, Utah had a $1.1 Billion surplus just last year! Utah is expecting hundreds of millions of dollars of new sales tax receipts from large online retailers such as Amazon.com. It’s not Utah’s tax system that is broken, it is Utah’s political system. Please contact your representatives and demand that they STOP the misinformation! Learn more in this OpEd published in the Salt Lake Tribune.
- Keep My Voice Tax Reform Roundtable Produces Some Consensus.
- Collusion Between Executive and Legislative Branches is Troubling
- Questionable Tax Reform Materials Commissioned by Governor’s Office. Legislature Demands Payment to Release Records.
- Chief Economist of State Auditor’s Office Says Utah’s Tax System NOT Broken.
- Repeating It Doesn’t Make it True!